Have a used car, van, truck, motorcycle, boat with trailer or an RV you’re trying to get rid of?
If you would like to donate your vehicle to The Arc of Monmouth, please call Melwood Charity Car Donation Center at 1-877-272-2270.
Melwood Hours of Operation
Monday – Thurs: 8 am – 8 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 7 pm (EST)
When calling, you must have the vehicle identification number (VIN) and the title of the car on hand. Vehicles will be picked up within 1-2 business days.
- Free towing whether your vehicle is running or not.
- You can donate your automobile from anywhere in the country.
- Eliminates the hassle of repairing, advertising and selling your car—let our courteous, trained staff handle all the details.
- Potential IRS tax deduction.
- Supports the vision of The Arc – a world where people with disabilities are fully included. Your donation directly supports our advocacy, programs and services.
How to Maximize Your Tax Deduction
Vehicle donations made to a charitable nonprofit organization are tax-deductible. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique.
In general, the IRS limits the tax deduction to the gross proceeds from the sale of the car, truck or other vehicle. Charitable contributions must be itemized on Schedule A of Form 1040 to qualify. If the total deduction claimed on the tax return exceeds $500, Form 8283 “Non-cash Charitable Contributions” must also be completed and attached.
To learn more about what a donors responsibilities are prior to making a car donation, please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303. This file may be read with Adobe Reader.